Construction Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Construction accidents happen when you are injured while at or near a construction site. This is caused by the negligence of the owner of the property and/or the construction company making the repairs, renovations or construction in said property. In California, the property owner has the obligation to make sure that he hires competent construction companies and other private contractors in making repairs and/or renovations to his premises. Similarly, construction companies and private contractors are obligated to comply with due diligence required in order to make sure that the premises are safe and free from dangerous conditions for its workers and the general public. Accidents covering this type of personal injury accidents may range from ordinary slip and fall or trip and fall accident, to even explosion and fire and other serious bodily injury accidents. Injuries resulting from these construction accidents can also range from minor scratches, bruises and contusions to more serious injuries like spine injuries, fractures, burn injuries, head injury and even brain injury. In order to make sure that your medical bills are all taken care of, you need to seek legal advice from Top Construction Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles who are adept in dealing with premise accidents.
As a construction accident victim, you are entitled to monetary and non-monetary damages from:
- (1) Property damage relating to the repair or replacement of your personal belongings and effects;
- (2) Actual medical costs for your examinations, evaluations and treatments, including surgeries and post-operative care;
- (3) Future medical care for recommended treatments post-discharge;
- (4) Lost earnings due to absence from or inability to do work, which includes future or prospective loss of income;
- (5) Pain and suffering, which includes emotional pain and psychological trauma; and
- (6) Punitive damages when it is proven that the negligent party acted with recklessness or in complete disregard of your welfare. To get the maximum compensation you deserve, seek legal help from Melrose Law Firm’s expert Personal Injury Lawsuit Lawyers in Los Angeles right away.
Call Us Now at (866) 500-4141 and we will provide you with the best personal injury legal service you deserve.
What To Do in Case of Construction Accidents in Los Angeles?
Construction sites can be very dangerous to the public because of the heavy equipment in the area, the unfinished construction work, falling materials and other debris. As you can imagine, there are many hazards in entering construction areas or building site premises.
Property owners and construction companies have the obligation to make sure that premises that are under construction or renovation are up to code in terms of safety of the general public. If you are injured in a construction site, chances are, there is a breach of the covenant to perform the due diligence required from the owner and/or construction site manager.
Obligations of Employers at Construction Sites
If you are an employee of a construction company or your services are secured to provide construction work at the building site, your employer is obligated to protect you from any and all risks and dangers that are apparent in the construction site, which includes:
- 1. Making sure that there are warning signs throughout the construction premises;
- 2. Making certain that the equipment used are not faulty; and
- 3. Providing safety gear and equipment to protect employees and visitors from falling debris and other dangerous conditions.
Damages You Can Claim in Construction Accidents
As a victim of building site, you are entitled to be compensated for all your damages, pain and suffering and other losses consequent of the accident, to include:
- 1. Property damage, i.e. damage to your personal effects;
- 2. Payment of actual medical bills;
- 3. Compensation to pay for future medical care approximated by treating physicians;
- 4. Replacement of lost earnings;
- 5. Compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering; and
- 6. Payment for punitive damages suffered due to the wanton disregard of the negligent party on the safety and welfare of its employees and visitors.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION
Never negotiate your claims on your own because you are no match against construction companies that can hire lawyers to defend them against your claims.
Seek help only from top personal injury lawsuit lawyers like Melrose Law Firm t make sure that you get the maximum compensation you deserve against the negligent owner of the premises and/or the owner of the construction company contracted to provide construction and repairs to the premises.