If you or any of your loved ones have been injured as a result of bicycle accident in California, you should know that you have a right to claim damages against the party at fault, which includes:
However, knowing that you have a right to claim damages and actually pursuing your right to bicycle accident claim are two different things. A lot of bicycle accident victims commit the mistake of negotiating their bicycle accident compensation on their own. As a result, they either settle their claims for less than what they actually suffered or they are outright barred or denied compensation for agreeing to something or admitting something that they should not have admitted to or declared.
Even if it is highly advisable that you do not negotiate your own bicycle accident claim, it doesn't mean that you cannot help your trusted bicycle accident lawyer in Los Angeles, California win the maximum compensation you deserve for your damages, pain and suffering and other losses.
Our top personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles have been representing bicycle accident victims for two decades now and in their experience, they have formulated simple but important pointers on what to do after your bicycle accident, which includes:
- Making sure that you are out of harm's way before doing anything;
- Taking pictures of the scene of the accident;
- Taking pictures of damage to your bicycle and the other vehicle involved;
- Getting insurance information and driver's license information of the other party;
- Getting witness statements or details from other drivers or pedestrians who saw what happened
- Writing down everything you remember from the accident while the memory is fresh in your mind;
- Calling police authorities to investigate the scene of the accident;
- Calling paramedics and getting timely medical attention; and
- Calling your trusted bicycle accident lawyers in California.
Every bicycle accident victim might need evaluations and treatments to address their pain symptoms from undergoing x-rays, CT scan and MRI to obtaining chiropractic treatments, orthopaedic evaluations, pain management consult and even undergoing surgeries for serious injuries. These procedures could prove very costly and, as a bicycle accident victim, you should not be burdened by present medical costs and you should not be made to worry about costs of your further or future treatments and procedures. Hence, in order to protect your family from further devastation, remembering the above things to do to help obtain evidence for your bicycle accident claim, as well as hiring the best bicycle accident lawyers in California are your sure options to get the best chance to your road to recovery.