Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Pedestrians are most vulnerable in cases of traffic accidents due to the absence of protection of our bodies against force or trauma especially against moving vehicles. The main reason for pedestrian accident is due to driver's negligence, i.e., talking on the phone while driving, eating or reading while driving, vehicle malfunction, driving while under the influence of alcohol or other substances and driving recklessly fast or while sleepy or tired. In case you are involved in a pedestrian accident, you will definitely suffer injuries from scratches, bruises and contusions to more serious injuries like spine injuries, fractures, burn injuries, head injury and even brain injury. In worst cases, a person hit by a fast moving car or motorcycle can even suffer wrongful death. As a victim of pedestrian accident, you have a right to sue the negligent driver for damages but knowing that you have the right to claim damages and actually pursuing one and winning your case are two totally different matters altogether.
You need to seek help from Top Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles to make sure that your personal injury claims will prosper. As the claimant, the burden of proof rests on you to show that you are in the right and that the other party caused the accident through negligence or recklessness. Upon proving this allegation, you can claim from the other party compensation for damages from property damage, actual medical costs, future medical care, loss of earnings claim, pain and suffering and other monetary and non-monetary losses. Remember that medical treatments can be very costly, because you will need to undergo some if not all of these medical treatments to put yourself back to pre –injury state, from undergoing x-rays, MRIs, lab tests, neurological tests, chiropractic care, physical therapy treatments, orthopedic treatments and even epidural injections and surgeries. If you are serious in claiming the best compensation you deserve, Melrose Law Firm’s expert Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles is your bet ally in making your sure that your claims will not be in vain.
Call Us Now at (866) 500-4141 and let our wealth of legal experience work for you.
What to do in case of Pedestrian Accident in Los Angeles?
Children are the most vulnerable in case of pedestrian accidents. Thousands get injured everyday due to pedestrian accident resulting from the negligence of drivers.
In order to make sure that you get the best compensation you deserve against the party at fault for your pedestrian accident, always seek help from expert personal injury lawsuit lawyers in Los Angeles like Melrose Law Firm that has decades of experience in providing top notch legal service to all personal injury victims in Los Angeles and throughout California.
Reasons for Pedestrian Accidents
Even if you are careful in walking across the street or on the side of the road you can still be a victim of pedestrian accident. This is because some vehicle operators are negligent in driving along the streets without due regard to traffic conditions and people on the roads. Among the most common reasons for this type of accident includes:
- • Distracted driver, i.e. using cellphone or eating while driving;
- • Driving too fast or too reckless;
- • Driving under the influence of alcohol;
- • Drivers who ignore traffic signs, rules and regulations; or
- • Drivers who are not in good physical health or condition to drive.
In any of the above instances, you can claim damages against the party at fault.
Types of Claims for Pedestrian Injuries
- 1. Property Damage - In case you are crossing the street and you get side swiped by a vehicle, you have a right to seek damages for your properties that are damaged or destroyed in the accident, i.e., cellphone, laptop, glasses, watch and any items or effects ruined by the accident.
- 2. Bodily Injuries - It is reasonable to assume that you suffer some kind of bodily injuries regardless of how light the impact of the accident. In serious collisions, you can suffer cuts, bruises, contusion to fractures, spine injuries, head injury and brain injury. You can definitely recover damages to pay for your medical treatments.
- 3. Pain and Suffering and other Losses - In California, you are even allowed to claim emotional and psychological pain resulting in the accident. This is because trauma does not only refer to physical trauma. The victim also experiences sleepless nights, headaches and emotional pains resulting from the accident.