Boating Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Boating accidents happen every time. The most common reason for this type of accident is due to the negligence of either the driver of the boat, operator of the boating facility or even due to product liability. If you will be involved in a boating accident, you will definitely suffer bodily injuries from scratches, bruises and contusions to more serious injuries like spine injuries, fractures, head injury and even brain injury. Some serious boating accidents even result in wrongful death. As a personal injury victim, you are entitled to be compensated for all your damages, from property damage, actual medical costs, future medical care, loss of earnings claim, pain and suffering and other monetary and non-monetary losses. Furthermore, in cases of wrongful death, the party at fault will even be liable for loss of consortium, loss of love and support and funeral and burial expenses, among others. However, knowing that you have a right to claim damages and actually taking the other party to court to obtain compensation are two different matters altogether.
If you are serious in obtaining top compensation for all your injuries and losses resulting from boating accidents, the best course of action or probably the only course of action you should take is to seek legal representation from Melrose Law Firm’s top Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles who have decades of experience in dealing with accidents relating to all types of water vehicle, from boating accident, ship accident, yacht accident, raft accident and other water vessel accidents.
The worst thing you can do to your case is to negotiate your claims on your own because you will be faced by experienced insurance adjusters and seasoned defense lawyers who will do everything to help their client escape liability.
Call Us Now at (866) 500-4141 and our very experienced Boating Accident Attorneys in California are always ready and willing to protect your personal injury rights.
What to do in case of Boating Accidents in Los Angeles?
Boating accidents and mishaps usually happen because of negligence of the boat operator. This type of personal injury accident also includes any kind of recreational water vessels. In California, if you are involved in a boating accident, you have a right to seek damages against the parties at fault.
Regardless of whether you are claiming compensation from your friend or against an employee of a commercial or recreational boat, you should be aware that you’ll be faced with resistance from insurance adjusters and defence lawyers who will do everything to thwart your claims. If you are serious in getting the best compensation you deserve, seek help from top law firms like Melrose Law Firm to assure your family that they will not be put in emotional and financial turmoil as a result of your boating accident.
Who are Liable for Boating Accidents?
Before you are able to file claim against the other party, you should know first your cause of action. To know this, you need to determine what type of service you are being given in riding a boat when the accident happened.
- 1.) Private Boats – in case of recreational water vessels, the party at fault would be the boat operator and the owner of the recreational facility.
- 2.) Public Transport Boats – in case you are injured in a boating accident as passenger of a public transport vessel, then the party at fault would also be the operator and the owner of the public transport vessel. In this case, the due diligence required to protect you and the general public against mishaps is higher than ordinary diligence.
- 3.) Government and/or military vessels – if you are injured by a boating accident involving government owned vessels then you have the right to seek damages against the government entity that owns the vessel.
Timelines for Filing Boating Accident Claims
Be advised that there may be different time tables depending on the state where the accident happened, as to the effectivity of your claims. In most personal injury claims, the statute of limitations is 3 years from the time of the accident.
In case you are claiming against a government entity, the statute of limitations is only one year from the time of the accident. In order to make sure that you will not be barred in claiming the compensation you deserve, you need to seek legal advice from top Personal Injury Lawsuit Lawyers in Los Angeles for help.
Evidence Required to Support Your Accident Claims
In order to get compensation from the party at fault, you must first be able to show evidence or proof that the other party was negligent and that negligence caused the accident resulting in damage to property or personal injuries.
To gather evidence you need to:
- 1. Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the damage to the boat involved,
- 2. Get information of the insurance of the other party,
- 3. Request copies of CCTVs if available,
- 4. Get information from possible witnesses,
- 5. Obtain medical records after treatments, and
- 6. Obtain investigation report of the incident.